Baltic Sea Moment
Enjoy a Baltic Sea Moment with stories of the sea! Visit a marine-themed exhibition, for example, read Baltic Sea fiction, or listen to the story of the Tiny Roach with the tinier family members. Baltic Sea Moments are dedicated to the unique culture of our home sea, and getting to know its unparalleled nature. You can enjoy a Baltic Sea Moment at any time during the Baltic Sea Day.
Share your moment with others with the hashtag #balticseaday.
Exhibitions, theatre, and reading tips
On Baltic Sea Day museums, theatres and other stakeholders organise interesting Baltic Sea-themed exhibitions, guided tours, workshops, and presentations. Libraries will highlight the Baltic Sea Day with e.g. book exhibitions, reading suggestions, poetry and reading challenges, story hours, arts and crafts, and colouring activities.
Learn more about what is on offer on the Events page, and pick your favourites for your own Baltic Sea Moment.
You can enjoy a Baltic Sea Moment even on your couch at home, or as a shared activity during a break at work. Grab a sea-themed book, listen to the My Baltic Sea podcast, or invite all your colleagues and enjoy a Baltic Sea-themed movie.
We invite libraries, museums, and all players in the field of culture to join in
We encourage museums, theatres and other cultural entities to participate in the Baltic Sea Moment by organising Baltic Sea themed exhibitions, guided tours, workshops and presentations, aimed at the general public.
On Baltic Sea Day, libraries can put together an exhibition or a book nook of sea-themed books, for example, and museums can organise a Baltic Sea themed workshop or installation.
Cultural events that are open to the public can be announced with this form.
Baltic Sea Moments for children
The Baltic Sea Day provides a Baltic Sea-themed story, featuring activities for children, for day care centres, schools, and homes. You can read or listen to the story here:
- Download and read the story with illustrations
- Colour the comic strip of the adventures of the roach, and come up with texts for the speech bubbles.
- Colour the colouring image featuring the adventures of the roach!
Share the colouring picture and comic strip on social media for others to enjoy, using the hashtag #balticseaday.
Tips for using the fairy tale on Baltic Sea Day:
- Read or play the story at the story time hour of a day care centre, and hand out the colouring image to work on as they listen!
- Introduce the Baltic Sea theme to school children by playing the story in morning assembly, in class, or on central radio. Afterwards, children can come up with their own texts for the comic strip, and you can discuss the message of the story together.
- Listen to the story together with the child at home.
Many kinds of events for children are also organised on Baltic Sea Day. Learn more about the programme offering on the Events page.